http://digitalslrcameras.blogspot.com/sitemap1.xml.gz 2006-11-08T18:23:17+00:00

Friday, November 03, 2006

Why Buy A Digital SLR?

About a year and half ago I started exploring the world of digital photography. I started out with a "point & shoot" 3.2 megapixel camera but soon wanted more control and flexibility over my shots. That led me to to investigate the digital slr cameras available. For newbies, a digital slr has the capability to use interchangeable lenses.

Last April I took the plunge and bought my first digital slr. I purchased an Olympus Evolt E-5oo.
After doing some research, I felt the Olympus offered the most features at a decent price. A price that doesn't scare someone who is still in the learning stages of this increasingly popular digital art form.

This will do it for my introductory post, soon I will write about the features of my digital slr and digital slr's in general.

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek J. Punaro said...

I came close to getting a Canon Digital Rebel XTi yesterday (only $579 for the body!), but I promised myself I wouldn't buy one until I saved up enough for it. :)

3:10 PM  
Blogger Mike in WNY said...

It can be addicting. The Canon is a very nice camera, a couple of people I know own an XTi. Buy.com has the XTi with the lens for $832.94 & free shipping. Also, no sales tax if I'm not mistaken. Feel free to click through my buy.com ad if you're interested ;-)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home